Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day before the real tennis begins

I went today, pretty uneventful but I saw so many of the wta players hitting. jj, petrova, kuzzie, dani, domi, serena is in now in town :D Kuzzie turned up with these wicked headphones around her neck, music was blasting lol, with her best aussie accent told stosur to get off the court in a friendly fashion. She was hitting with JJ. A funny moment with jelena's coach spreading sunscreen over her face (way to much) and Jelena was scared of getting some in her eye, Dani really impressed me with how long she practiced for. She came before Domi and stayed until long after Domi left. Dani and Domi were speaking to each other (probably in slovak if thats the name of languages..) but Dani didn't seem very talkative. I was going for Parmentier today but she lost to Ula. Aga was there until 4-3 then she left. I don't know what happened. She was really doing well, Ula was almost in tears yelling at herself, and after the 2nd set it was the heat rule. Pauline spoke to her coach so the umpire said she wasn't allowed to go to the bathroom to change so instead she walked behind to courts to change clothes lol. After that Ula won the 3rd set so she's now into MD. Oh I also saw Andreev sitting on the grass stretching in the morning so I figured Dementieva must also be here but I didn't see her :( Watched a bit of Nastya, Dushevina, Szavay, Dent, Nieminen. Hewitt practiced on centre.

I'll just post a few of my fave pics. Takes too long to upload/sort through . Let me know if there are any player in particular that I should post more of if you want :P

5 comments:

  1. Ow Parmentier, I saw her too once. After her match (I don't remember if she won or lost) she just sat on the floor on her towel, stretching and listening to music. I was tempted to go to her, but I actually haven't heard of her before that day :D
    Maybe I should have asked her to sing with me in two parts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pics of Ula and Aga if you have any (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Marleen, it was funny in the morning i saw Pauline hitting some balls practicing and as she walked past I said "Goodluck Pauline" and when she smiled and said thank you I was glad I didn't call her by the wrong name haha! So I was going to go for Ula but after that I went for Pauline.

    @ FAMK for sure I will post kuzzie :)

    Hm, Aga sat behind all these people and the umpire chairs and stuff yesterday so I don't think got the picture. I have some of her hitting the other day I'll post them :) No more on Ula sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn I forgot this bit lol, Marleen after the match she was sitting on the floor outside the tournament desk, shoes and socks off, all sad with her coach talking at first then he was just slapping his thighs and she was picking her nails lol. I wanted to go up to her but I didn't.

    ReplyDelete