Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 2

What a great day today was. Except for forgetting to eat and being totally starving when I got to McDonalds at 8.30pm and it was closed. It's funny how I didn't even feel hungry the whole day but as soon as the final match was over I felt the full brunt of it lol. I'd like to thank John Morris for the ticket to centre court. Thanks so much!!

Today began with great weather, 26 degrees celcius. Perfect. I get there and I see Dementieva and some dude (i'll post his pic later and someone can tell me who is he) doing a tennis clinic with some kids. Quite a few players hitting the practice courts, Zvonereva looked really sharp - later in the day she retires from her match. The usual suspects Kuzzie, Petrova and Daniela were there. I still hadn't decided if I was going to see JJ, Aga or Domi's match but I heard Jelena's serbian supporters chanting her name from afar so I decided that was it. I stayed for the first set and the second half of the 3rd and I'm so happy that Agnes won :) During that match I went to see abit of Domi's and she won. She signed so many autographs and took pics with fans for a long time after her match. I met Kleybanova at the autograph signing lol. I think I was the only one who knew she was because everyone else was about 5 yrs and younger. :P I told her bad luck for yesterday and she said it was a great match and I agreed. So back to the other side of the ground and I see the scoreboard that Svazay was winning, really surprised. Thought she would have lost already so I watched the rest of her match. Sorry the chronology is really messed up because I kept moving haha. Then saw a bit of Vesnina v Zvonereva but it was boring so I decided to go see who was practicing. Saw Caro. Then walked to other courts and saw Pauline and later back to other courts and saw Vika.

I have a new favourite player now and her name is Vika! lol she was my hmm.. 4th favourite before today but right now she is at number 1 :P After hearing about how she snubbed fortydeuce and how bad her attitude is on court, then Carla said she was really nice at RG I didn't know what to expect. Well I came just as she was hitting the last few balls and then she signed some autographs for the fans. I told her good luck and that I love her twitter :D and asked for a photo she was really nice stood there for a while as I tried to get my camera to work. So I got the ticket to centre court and I watched the second set of Lindalh v Baghdatis, then Caro took an eternity to lose to Li Na. Now I know why Caro is the pusher and Vika is the ball basher haha. Caro didn't even fight for the match. I think she was content with losing. But Vika on the other hand really wanted to win the match. Almost everyone was cheering for Sabine. Sabine served excellently in the first set but after that she got broken a few times. Vika got angry at herself but she wasn't aggressive at the audience/ linesman as she's been in the past. She was woeful with hawkeye. Didn't throw a Ula tantrum. She was really responsive to the crowd. The bunch of Caro/Lisicki supports would yell "unlucky" every time Vika made a df. The first time was Vika's first serve and she smiled at them. The next time she gave them a perplexed look hehe. With Sabine serving for the match, Vika breaks and holds serve to win. lol I think she won the TB then wins the match. Otherwise it wouldnt make sense. Bravo!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting day! :)

    lol at ur fav changing again! What happened to Justine and Elena? :o Poor ladies :p

    ReplyDelete