Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 3

Hi everyone. A pretty uneventful day today in terms of seeing people practicing and such. I watched more tennis today instead of wandering around. Saw 3/4 of the Aga v Safina match. Aga took just 14 mins to get to 5 zip thanks to Dinara's errors but Dinara quickly caught up and was too good. Then I went to check on my suicide tennis pick, Agnes Szavay. She saved a few match points but in the end she couldn't hold off Rezai. That match was right in front of the big screen that broadcasts the centre court match so during their points you can hear commentary on how Aga isn't serving well enough lol. After that I  was disappointed (that Agnes lost) and went back inside to see Serena annihilate Martinez Sanchez for one set. I then went to watch the second set of Domi v Kuznetsova as I waited for my new favourite player's match to begin haha. It was really hot during the Domi/Kuz match, but for Vika/Date Krumm either I was very interested in that match to not notice the heat, or abit cooler. Perhaps the latter. Vika won the first set very easily then Date Krumm did well to win the second set. She returned everything and Vika served quite a few faults. I'm surprised she doesn't have alot of fans here. I don't think many Australians know who she is. Her first match against Lisicki, Sabine had so many fans. She played Hopman Cup for the past 2 years and I guess thats where tennis fans here have seen her. Even Date Krumm had more support than Vika today! Majority applauded when Vika made an error and very few when she made a winner :( Domi had alot of loud support from Slovakians with their huge flags. I'm looking forward to Vika v Domi tomorrow :) So 1 set all between Date Krumm and Vika, it was a 10 minute break because of the heat rule. I was contemplating watching the rest of the match or going back inside to see Elena v Dani which was about to begin. I think shade won in the end and I wanted to see Elena lol. So watched that match, Elena had serving problems but she was great in the rallies. I had wicked seats :) After this match I saw the end of Flavs v Li Na. That was quality. Li Na had 95% crowd support, but I was going for Flavs and she won :) So a very WTA day for me. Tomorrow the first 3 matches on centre court are mens. Gasquet, Baghdatis and Hewitt. Then I want to see Vika v Domi :) and then working night session. Hopefully on centre court so I can see Dinara v Elena! 

No comments:

Post a Comment