Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 3 AO

A shorter day for me today. I'm back in the hotel room and Henin just beat Elena. Such a rough draw for Elena :( So the day began and I see Justine walking onto the practice courts, next door was Rafa! Then headed to Vögele's match which was epic. I said she was so emotionless in Sydney but today she really did win me over. It was 7-5 6-7 9-7 and she was such a fighter. Czink served for the match twice and Stephanie didn't give up nor cry (cough). She got angry at her self a few times and looked strange when she was pulling her hair and then she was on her knees slapping the floor and her head lol. But she was great. After the match I asked her if she was playing doubles and she said no. In hindsight it probably wasn't a good question seeing as though she just won a match 9-7 in the third haha but at least she listened :) 

After the match I was going to head to MCA to see Wicky v Penetta but seriously the stadium was really full and so many people wanting to get in because the Williams sisters were next. So instead I just walked around the practice courts and watched abit of doubles. Saw Sorana and Justine practicing again! Saw abit of Alona's match. Peng and Hsieh? in doubles. Then I went to see Malek and Petkovic take on Black and Huber. I was seriously expecting a double bagel because B&H were fantastic in Sydney last week but the German girls really surprised me. Petkovic was the dominant player and she would yell at Malek to run for the drop shots lol. They did well when it was baseline rallies but when B&H was able to force their way into the net the point would be over. Then I watched the first set of Lena v Ju on the big screen but it got cold so I went back to the hotel to watch the rest of the match. 

 I will post pics after I take a shower. I promise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment