Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day and Night 4

I got there and Flavia v Rezai had already begun. Watched as Rezai cruised to victory she was fantastic. Then Vika v Domi was a great match. It was quite windy and very cloudy so sometimes it would be shady one minute and a scorcher the next. Domi had majority of the crowd behind her ofc. Whats new in a Vika match? :( A few bad calls went Vika's way. She didn't yell at anyone though. She does a lot of miming lol. Pointing to her eyes and the line and her fingers indicating how far out she thought it was. She looks to her coach frequently and I find that after everytime she uses on court coaching she goes ahead in the match. Didn't she leave her old coach? I think she served for the match on a couple occasions but Domi kept breaking her and then she'd break right back. Both girls were frustrated at one point or another. So Vika makes it to the semi, good effort by Domi to get to the quarters! She is really a nice person, people are happy to see her, I saw I think he was Petrova's coach giving her kisses on both cheeks and during another match she was in the area where players can sit and watch and another man gave her kisses lol. After this match it was almost time for my shift. Lleyton and Serena had won so I did not even use my centre court ticket lol. 

Night session, I was allocated on the doors of centre court but as it approached the time to play it started getting windy then rain came harder and harder. So the match was delayed for about 2 hrs. Had to wipe the chairs. The match wasn't that interesting. Had some great rallies but in the end it was too easy for Dementieva. It started sprinkling towards the end and apparently both players wanted to stop (I was outside, I was told Dementieva kicked the line or something). The ballkids wiped the lines and the umpire said they had to continue. 

Well today was my last official day of spectating. I think I'll watch the semi finals on tv (please show this instead of Kooyong!) and then I have a night shift - ugh Luczak v Fish, who would pay to see that? Friday is afternoon and night shift. So I have a few pics from today i'll post tomorrow and there won't be anymore from Sydney.

5 comments:

  1. Vika-Domi match would have been a good one to go to.
    Yeah Vika did leave her old coach..app got Vera's *dunno*

    Wiping chair huh..fun lol. Poor you.

    Yeah they stopped playing at least 2 times. But obviously bc it was delayed it was just an ad break lol. It was really Dinara who wanted to stop. Indicated it was slippery to play. It would be a pity if the players get injured due to it. It should be their right.

    Elena too consistent. She is picking her game up with each match I think. Change up from playing lots of matches before a grand slam.

    Yeah Luczak and Fish..pfft.
    They should show the semis. They always do.
    I'm interested in Rezai..never watched her matches. She can be dangerous apparently. I think Serena *could* lose onyl bc it's not a slam lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh they stopped twice at the end as the lines were wiped. Yeah I'm not surprised that Dinara wants to stop, Elena almost had the match when it started sprinkling. Her serve was better than the Dani match :)

    Oh Rezai has impressed me. She was very dominant against Agnes and Flavia. Can give Serena a run for her money :) But Serena has been cruising.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo Rezai might just upset Serena!
    I had a feeling she might.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for your pics and observations, I enjoyed them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Leftie, i'm glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete