Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 7, last day

It was sad walking through the empty grounds as I left Melbourne Park for the last time. Not sure if I will be back next year, would love to though it has been great fun. Today I got a ticket for Hisense Arena again. Much better today. There was 4 matches scheduled. First up a close encounter between Alona Bondarenko and Zheng, disappointed that Alona lost. It was close right through and just in the last moment Zheng wins, it was one of those matches. Then the Russians Petrova and Kuznetsova. You can tell they are friends, applauding one another a lot. I stayed for a bit then went outside to see some sixth sense juniors. When I got back it was the third set and very easy for Petrova. After this was the epic 4 h 30 something minute five setter between Delpo and Cilic. Again very close match and the crowd got louder and louder. My first time seeing a five setter live and perfect timing too. After this match was done I go to the tv and saw Justine had won the first set. She loses the second but wins the third. Elated, I go back inside Hisense hoping that Safina will put Kirilenko away. Unfortunately she retired with an injury. So play ends at 10pm. Pretty good day of tennis for $45. 

No comments:

Post a Comment