Thursday, January 12, 2012

Weds night

I'm getting quite sick of it to be honest but it's the second last day for me. I would say the best days are qualies when my faves play and the crowd is non existent. These days you have to queue to get in and most of the matches on the outside courts are full.

Yesterday I got home after midnight, spending 12 hours at the tennis. I watched bits and pieces of matches all day and had a shift at night time. Vika v Marion was a great match. Right before the night session there was a power outage so it was a strange situation walking through the tunnel that was only lit by floodlights. I walked past Petra who looked happy and pumped in the locker room warming up. Soon it would be dark and without lights the session would have to be postponed. All the tournament officers were gathered around discussing what was going to happen and I was sort of hoping to get to go home.

Soon enough the power came back and the spectators began to slowly fill up the stands. I'm so glad I got to see Petra play so well against Dani. Petra was unconvincing against Alex on Tuesday but yesterday she really put on a show. A bagel in the first set, with 26 points to 8. 21 winners to 1 winner. Totally outclassed Dani. The second set ended in 6-4. It was so windy and I was freezing wearing only one shirt and shorts.

Between matches I left the court to go to the bathroom. Petra was also leaving the court and speaking to someone, probably from the WTA who apologised to her in advance because she was going to have to answer a question about potentially being the number one. Once I left the tunnel I see Aga getting some kind of massage to her back and Caro standing on her own a few metres away. When I went back the players were also walking down the tunnel behind me. I could hear them speaking to each other in a language I can only assume to be Polish. Even their coaches were having a chat. I didn't stay for the entire match but I'm happy for Aga. She has been playing well this week.

Today I have afternoon and night shift at the tourney. I would rather just stay home and watch the semis on tv and then live stream of Larriere's AO qualies match.

No comments:

Post a Comment