Monday, January 9, 2012

Vögele on KRA

What a day. I sat through the entire Petko v Pavs match, sort of felt like I was forced to watch it actually. With it being kids day the stands were completely packed when the match began and I was sitting wedged in the middle of a row. I didn't want to step over people and their stuff so I just sat there. For the whole match. I wasn't going for either player but Pavs' serving was a huge let down. After the match I saw first hand what a Petko dunk was. lol.

Soon after Stefi's match would be on Ken Roswell Arena and I didn't have a ticket for today. I knew I'd get in there somehow (that doesn't involve spending 50 bucks, because seriously it's not worth it for one match). I managed to get it ;) Stefi played well for about three quarters of the match, unfortunately she did not win many of the tight games that went to deuce so the score line of 2-6, 1-6 is not an indication of how close it was. The first set lasted an hour! She hit some nice winners and the crowd really liked her :D















I wasn't disappointed at the way she played, just the result and the thought of having to wait another year to go to another game of hers. I didn't really feel like watching tennis anymore but I went to watch the first set of Aga v Ula. It was getting pretty hot so I went to the shade and watched a bit of Parmentier's practice. Afterwards I went back inside KRA to see Schiavone dominate Stosur and then went to see JJ dominate Julia. On the last trip to the practice courts I see Petra hitting. Guess I'll be going for her now. She's on KRA tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment