Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Fifth day of tennis

I'm getting a bit over the routine of doing nothing all day except watching tennis, travelling and eating. I still have a lot of things that need to be done before I return to Canberra but tennis is all that has been occupying my time. I feel like this now but I'm positive this time next week I'll be wishing that I could go to watch tennis again so I should just suck it up and enjoy it while it lasts.

Today I arrived at about 10.30 to avoid the pre-10am queues (and plus my mum refused to drive me to the train station so I got there later than usual). I saw a few players who had matches on today practicing, none of whom were a favourite of mine. So I didn't really take pictures or hang around for much. I then see Alizé hitting so I watched her practice. She was looking really good and working hard. Her coach was trying to get her to do the loopy forehands that Rafa and Sharapova do but that didn't go so well. I hope she does well at the AO. Last year she made it to the 3rd round and played Kim on RLA on her birthday I believe. I waited until her practice was over so I could wish her luck for Melbourne then I went into KRA.

When I got it it was 3-2 for Caro and I don't remember much of what happened after that. I guess the first set was pretty close and she won that. Domi won the second. At some stage I left and went for a walk outside. It was impossible to get a seat for Aga v Petko since the stand is so small so I came back inside. It was 4-1 to Domi in the third and unbelievably I came back inside and she managed to lose the match. After this match I watched the entire Kvitova v Dulgheru match. Petra was scrappy for a lot of the match, dropping the first set. It took over 2 hours but eventually she won it. I didn't watch much of Bartoli v Dokic (only 2 games) and I went to the first set of Vika's match against JJ.

Before I left I went into watch a bit of Hewitt vs Troiki. It is always so loud when an Australian plays a Serbian with the competing chants echoing around the stadium. Each side clapping whenever their countrymen wins a point, including unforced errors.

Tomorrow will be a very long day since it's the first night session. I probably won't leave until 11pm or so. Eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment