Saturday, January 25, 2014

The end

I am sorry for not getting around to posting this sooner! I arrived back in quiet Canberra on Tuesday night so I've had three days of work and getting back into the routine.

On my last day of the tennis it looked like it was going to rain in the morning. I had shorts on and a light jacket. Eventually the clouds went away and the sun came out. I didn't want to put sunscreen on since I was leaving in a few hours. My legs were red for the next two days but now it isn't too bad, just sunburnt and very tanned.

The last day of tennis for me was surprisingly enjoyable. I used the last day of my 5 day grounds pass. I watched a couple of juniors play.

Zverev played against a Japanese boy. I didn't like his attitude in the first set, making his opponent wait ages at the net before he went over for the coin toss. It was worse than how long Rafa/Serena would take.

A Korean guy called Kim was playing on the court on the other side so I could see his points. He had a group of fans supporting him which was nice.

After Zverev lost the first set I went to the show court to see the french guy Halys play an Aussie. He definitely looks more mature than the other boys in the tournament. Dominated the second set to win the match. I returned to Zverev's match and he won the second set. The third was close with some fantastic points and it eventually ended like 9-7 in the third or something.

Next I watched a little bit of Jana Fett against the fifth seeded Chinese girl, Xu. Fett practiced with Bencic the day before so that was the only reason I know of her. Xu was interesting to watch. She has a temper like Cornet. She was so pissed at her team and kept yellling at them. She was also going to cry. I actually left the match at like 5-4 for Fett on serve in the third.

(For the record - Zverev won the boys title and Fett was runner up in the girls.)

Meanwhile Ivanovic was playing Bouchard so I went to watch the end of the match on the big screen. It was disappointing that Ana lost after beating Serena. I did a quick last minute whip around the AO shop to see if there was anything I wanted. I bought stickers.

So that was it, another Sydney-Australian Open done and dusted for me. Sydney wasn't good, I hope it will be better next year. I always love to visit Melbourne, despite the heat wave.

No comments:

Post a Comment