Thursday, January 16, 2014

AO Days 2 and 3

Firstly my apologies for the lack of blogging/pics. I've been so tired each night and to make things worse the wifi here is horrible at night I couldn't even get online. I've been updating Stefi's fb fan page with pics but will probably hold off on the others.


Day 2
It was so hot, it reached 43 degrees.
In the morning I went to watch Stefi and Mandy practice. It was more of a gentle hit and a few serves, nothing serious.
Hercog retired down 0-1 after two minutes. I was glad to be out of the sun but disappointed that I didn’t get to see Cornet play.
Halep played well for the first time this year.
Stefi won her singles match 7-5, 7-5 over Mladenovic. Kiki had a huge entourage of about 20 comprising of Mauresmo, Dechy, Feurstein and others. Unsurprisingly not many people watched the match due to the heat.

Day 3
41 degrees but cloudy so it wasn’t that hot. Quite humid though.
I bought Rod Laver tickets to see Belinda Bencic’s appearance on centre court in her first grand slam.
It cost $90 to see bagels and bread sticks but worth it since I had a good seat in the shade, got to see the possible champions (Serena and Novak).
I left during Novak’s match and got Stan’s autograph.
Then went over to see Stefi team up with Rybarikova to win the doubles over the Aussie pairing of Dokic and Sanders.
Watched Stan win in 4 sets over Falla inside MCA at night.
  


1 comment:

  1. Hi Kats!

    Sounds great. The heat seems to be a majpr factor at the Open this year. Just be happy that you can sit and dont have to move :D
    -M

    ReplyDelete