Friday, January 4, 2013

Summary of Q1 + lessons

So tired. I'm just utterly exhausted after the first day of qualies. It's a 48 player draw so 6 courts had 4 matches each, I didn't stay that late as the play finished just after 6pm. It's not the same without a real favourite to go for. At the moment I have three main ones: Stefi, Vic (Larriere) and Alizé. I've also started liking Timea Babos after seeing her at the French Open. So today I watched a lot of matches - but none from start to finish. Nearly all the players I wanted to win lost: Rus, Bouchard, Parmentier, Garcia. Sigh! I also saw a few of the more well known WTA players practicing on the outside courts: Kirilenko, Safarova, Cibulkova, Dellacqua and Wozniacki was inside Ken Roswell Arena.

Lessons learnt:
1. Never again will I leave my hair down (or I should bring a hair tie).
2. Sunscreen + sun = nail polish remover.
3. Bring more food and more drinks.
4. There is a psycho volunteer. Ok, not really psycho but she is a but nuts. She would walk up to someone who is standing on the grass during play to tell them that they're not allowed to stand there, when it is obviously not forbidden.

To be honest, I'm not really that interested in Sydney this year anymore. If you haven't already noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment