Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Bye :)

I had a grounds pass again today. The temperature was much cooler in the morning but soon the sun came out and it quickly became very hot. I watched only two full matches: Verdasco losing to Istomin and Cibulkova defeating Errani. Despite the scoreline I thought both matches were good, apart from Verdasco's meltdown. A lot of winners. Cibulkova was on fire. The withdrawals of Stepanek and Simon lead to the Isner/Harrison match being moved to centre court.  I then watched a bit of the Bryan bros. Wozniacki and Makarova were (separately) practicing. Nothing else good so I left.

It's been an okay week overall. Disappointing that all these top players either lost early or withdrew but I'm super excited to see my real faves in Melbourne. Larriere will play in qualies tomorrow. Voegele is in the main draw. If anyone is keen to follow her, here is the fan page - definitely appreciate more 'likes'!

I have to leave home at 4.30 am for an early flight tomorrow so I better finish packing. I probably won't be blogging during Melbourne. It's been very time consuming this week and I don't really have the time or internet to do so. Thanks for reading this week. Enjoy the tennis and I hope your faves do well, unless it's against my faves ofc.

Bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment