Sunday, January 6, 2013

Half way point

Today looked good on paper. Wozniacki v Ula Radwanska, Kvitova v Cibulkova, Kirilenko v Rogowska and then Makarova v Lepchenko on KRA. For those who want to buy KRA tickets, going through this website gets you $10 off. Thus, I only paid $20.90 for today's ticket while the grounds pass costs $14.90. I think the rest of the week is too expensive for KRA (even with the $10). It's not worth it for those who will see these players in Melbourne anyways.

The matches weren't that close. I'm so disappointed that Kvitova lost 16 16. I don't even know what happened.. she just missed so much and even when she got a ball off the ball kid to hit it after the point was lost, it went straight into the net! I didn't stay for most of the last match and only watched the first set of Kirilenko. I also saw a bit of Karolina Pliskova's match (well, only 2 games) and about 4 games of Ryan Harrison's. It was just too hot in the sun.

There weren't any interesting players on the practice courts either. They were all probably getting ready for the player's party. However, I did see the Pliskovas practicing and took a video of them practicing their serves.

Three days down, three to go. I haven't even began packing for Melbourne yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment